Friday, September 6, 2013

Prologue




   Its funny to me, Even after all these years of freedom from The Organization how hard it is for people inside to see what they have become..   Zombies, robots, people who were told they have no soul. They believe they are Soulless.  Slaves to "Gods Organization"


I was born into The Organization in 1974, the year before the world was supposed to end. I remember being very young.   Hearing my mother joke about it;


"We didn't plan on her making it to kindergarten,"   A chuckle and a smile tightening her lips around words that seemed painful to her  "but now she is in first grade!"  


  The people around her laughing in the same way.  Aunts and Uncles..  her brothers and sisters.  Seven in all, all but 3 at the time were in the "Truth", True members of God's Organization. As a child her smile and giggle was seen by me as joy!  Soon!  I will have my pet Elephant!  



As we grow older, the things once held dear,  can out themselves as Foolish and Unreasonable later in life.   Now,  When  I look back and see and hear her My adult and more educated mind cringes.   In all the love I felt as a member of The Organization, the smiling faces, the warm hugs, the helpful congregation of "true Christians".  It wasn't long before The Baptism of Stains began.


I don't know what it is that made US different?  What made us, the many who did see what harm The Organization does.  How were we blessed with eyes that saw the trolls lurking in the "tween spaces",  Ears that heard the whispers of deceit and demoralization?  Those evils that the others seemed happy to either accept,  ignore,  or grow completely blind and dumb to?  How were our minds opened?   It took YEARS to learn to ask that question, and learn to stop asking the question.

"How can I open their minds?".

How can you do this?  Help those still a part of The Organization?    I debated this for a few years with myself, the others I met on the Internet.  I talked with the sun as it set and woke to talk with it as it crested the horizon to light another day of growth and understanding.  Then I met him,  another lesson in the damage the organization, or any cult, does to a person's mind.   How easy it is to slip back into that spiral of Cognitive Dissonance.   To become complacent,  and far too “Sheep Like”  

No comments:

Post a Comment